Caramel Pretzel Brownie Bars
Yields: 24 bars
1 box brownie mix, prepared as directed
2 cups butter pretzels, crushed
1 package caramels, unwrapped
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for convection). Spray a 9×13 pan with baking spray and then pour prepared brownie mix into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
2. Allow brownies to cool completely. Then, heat caramels in the microwave, in 30 second increments, stiring in between until fully melted. Mix in heavy whipping cream until fully combined.
3. Pour caramel mixture over cooled brownies. You may need to us the back of a spoon to spread evenly.
4. Top caramel with the crushed pretzels. Pressing them down lightly.
5. In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips in same manner as caramels were melted. Drizzle melted chocolate using a fork onto pretzels and caramel.
6. Allow to set-up for half an hour to an hour, until caramel is cool and chocolate is hard. Cut with sharp knife into pieces. Store in airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator.