Thanks to Ghirardelli for helping make these Chocolate Cheesecake Pretzel Bites oh so delicious!
I’m always a sucker for anything salty and sweet, so I have to say these Chocolate Cheesecake Pretzel Bites may be my new obsession. They are no bake, which I always love and then combine some of my favorite flavors together. And better yet, they use Ghirardelli chocolate, which is one of my favorites!
I’ve been able to travel to San Francisco several times in the past and a trip is never complete without a trip to Ghirardelli square. You can buy all sorts of chocolate and they have an amazing dessert menu you can sit down and order from. And they even give you a little chocolate when you enter the store – who wouldn’t love that! It’s right near San Francisco bay so the views are beautiful. I highly recommend stopping by if you are ever in San Francisco – you won’t regret it
But don’t worry, you don’t have to make a trip to San Francisco to make these Pretzel Bites. All the ingredients, including the Ghirardelli chocolate you can find at your local grocery store. You may have seen my post about the Cookie Dough Truffles from a few weeks ago. It was the first time I tried the Ghirardelli melting wafers and I was loved using them. So I was excited to develop another recipe using them. The chocolate really tastes so good and is so easy to work with.
Chocolate Cheesecake Pretzel Bites
Yields: 50, approximately
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag regular pretzels
10 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers (I used Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers)
1. In a mixer, whip the cream cheese on medium for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese and mix until combined.
2. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and then whip on medium high for 2 minutes until fluffy.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls and then press between two pretzels. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Melt the dark chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl on 50% power for 30 seconds. Then, stir and repeat in 15 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Chocolate will retain it’s shape even when it’s melted, so you want to make sure to stir so you don’t overheat the chocolate.
5. Dip half of each pretzel bite into the melted chocolate, place on wax paper and then top with sprinkles. Let pretzel bites sit for about 15 minutes to harder. Store in an airtight container.
Chocolate cheesecake recipe adapted from She Wears Many Hats
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.